BECOME A MEMBER
The Bronx County Historical Society was founded in 1955 for the purpose of promoting knowledge, interest and research in The Bronx. The Society administers The Museum of Bronx History, Edgar Allan Poe Cottage, a Research Library, and the Bronx County Archives; publishes books, journals and newsletters; conducts school programs, historical tours, lectures, conferences, archaeological digs, and commemorations; designs exhibitions, sponsors various expeditions, and produces the "Out of the Past" radio show and cable TV programs. The Society is active in furthering the arts, in preserving the natural resources of The Bronx and in creating the sense of pride in The Bronx Community.
AS A MEMBER OF THE BRONX COUNTY HISTORICAL SOCIETY YOU RECEIVE:
• A subscription to: The Bronx County Historical Society Journal published semi-annually
• The Bronx Historian Newsletter
• Invitation to The Society's Annual Valedictorian awards program
• Lectures, historical tours and educational programs.
• Free Admission to:
- The Museum of Bronx History at 3266 Bainbridge Ave., 208th St., Bronx, N.Y.
- The Edgar Allan Poe Cottage at Kingsbridge Road & Grand Concourse, Bronx, N.Y.
For membership signup options click here
The Museum of Bronx History and the Edgar Allan Cottage are open
Saturday, 10-4, and Sunday, 1-5.
Tours during the week by appointment.
Become a part of Bronx History! Make a donation to The Bronx County Historical Society.